Thursday, October 18, 2007

Denver Marathon

I ran my first half-marathon last Sunday in Denver. I left CS Saturday afternoon to head up to Denver--not expecting the temperature to dip about 20 degrees. When I got to Denver, it was cold. I didn't bring warmer clothes so I had to stop at NikeTown in downtown Denver to get some last-minute apparel. I met with my friend Bryan Kantack (who also ran in the half)--along with his sister Trishia, her fiance Ben, one of Trishia's friends (can't remember her name), and Angie. We hung out at Illegal Pete's for a little "carb loading" (i.e. beer drinking) and then went next door to Gumbo's for some pasta/wine. Went back to Bryan's hotel room (Adam's Mark) to watch my alma mater (KSU) beat the University of Colorado (47-20). It started raining Saturday night. No surprise, it was still raining Sunday morning and it was 40 degrees. Got up at 5:30 AM and started getting ready. I ended up running in my warm-up outfit and completed the half in 1 hour 54 minutes (could have done better--but what the hay, good enough). Very satisfying experience. I'll post a picture or two when I get a chance...

No comments: