Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Digest of last week...

"The Cure" at Red Rocks Amphitheatre (Wednesday, May 21):



Jenny Greenstreet, Avi Knoll, myself and others attended this concert. They did 3 encores! Amazing how long these guys have been around! Lead singer Robert Smith is the only member to stay with the group since their inception.

Thursday, May 22 was Dani Davis' birthday. A group of us met at Porky's to play sand volleyball and horseshoes.

Saturday, May 24: We did some whitewater rafting on the Arkansas River from Buena Vista. Damn that water was cold. We had to stop half way and do jumping jacks on the shore to keep the hypothermia from setting in...

Sunday, May 25: Susan Mopper and I went up to Boulder, CO to party with the rest of the crew running the Bolder Boulder the following day. As we do each year, we all crashed at Ryan Shininger's place...

Monday, May 26: Ran the Bolder Boulder 10K in approximately 0:44:15. Can't find my official time online yet. I'll post a picture or two when these come through online as well. Weather was perfect for running--but when the race was done, it started raining, my core temperature dropped, and I was not a happy camper. Nonetheless, I still took the time to pick up a bunch of free shwag at the expo outside of Folsom Stadium before getting a ride back to Ryan's with Bloody Z...

Busy week. I could barely stay awake in the car on the way back from Boulder. Good times!

4 comments:

brownie said...

You got your ass kicked by a harriette at Bolder Boulder!

BLOS said...

I can deal with that...for now...

brownie said...

And what's with this "no official time since my chip malfunctioned" crapola? Sounds like you didn't make it. You DNF like that at the Garden 10 miler and you don't come to come to my afterparty.

By the way, the Cure sucks ass!

BLOS said...

Please! I can't help it if the Bolder Boulder technology ain't working! I finished it and have the GPS plot to prove it! Apparently I wasn't the only one with this problem either. First time that has happened to me.

Good to see you are polishing up on your smack talk!