Monday, November 23, 2009

Route 66 Marathon (Tulsa, OK)

With our sights set on the Route 66 Marathon--but otherwise not knowing exactly what to expect, JT, Lauren, Katie, and I departed to Tulsa, OK. I flew out/back while the others road-tripped it the whole way. I rolled in Friday evening and the others made it Saturday just after noon. Epic weekend full of bar-hopping, hashing, and of course the marathon. I pulled off a ~3:38:00--not nearly as well as I had hoped! However, I am happy to report that I managed to take 10th place in the fat-ass Clydesdale division! ;) The marathon route was surprising nice--with a long out-and-back along the Arkansas River:


Tulsa is full of many cool hangouts and lots of interesting people! We made it a point to drink a PBR in the "Center of the Universe" near the downtown area. Props to the Tulsa H3 for a great hash following the marathon on Sunday! Wrapped up the trip with a stop at Tally's Route 66 "Good Food" Cafe on the historic Route 66 highway:

2 comments:

brownie said...

I HATED that out and back. Except for the part where I was able to see that I was kicking your ass.

brownie said...

This blog sucks! Where's the Rock Canyon report? You running the Stocking Shuffle 5K this Sat?