Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunsation...

4/12-4/13: Sunsation (Copper Mountain):

Saturday morning I ran the Tortoise and Hare 5K Handicap race in South Monument Valley Park with Susan Mopper and Steve Wolf. My run time was ~00:21:00 (just OK IMHO--still want to break 20 min). I didn't run this quite as fast as I had hoped--but I did pass Susan and Steve along the way! ;)

Afterwards, Josh, Lauren, and myself took off for Sunsation in Copper Mountain. Despite the copious amounts of snow many of the resorts are still getting, Copper, Vail, and others are shutting down for the season. The end-of-the-season blowout featured acts included George Clinton (Saturday) and Matisyahu (Sunday). Over the weekend we met up with JT and Katie--as well as Ryan, Allison, Harold, Rolf, and Oznur. We got super ham-digity at Sunsation and then stopped at Quincy's in Leadville for prime rib. Afterwards we got our second wind and then partied and crashed at a condo in Leadville (belonging to a friend of Rolf and Oznur). Sunday we went back to Sunsation and then topped off the day with a PBR at a dive bar in Leadville and some high-altitude cow in Buena Vista.

Josh, JT, me, and Ryan at Sunsation:

Matt and Ryan pounding "Old Chub" (no, they weren't selling it there):

Lauren and Matt tastefully double-fisting shots at the Incline Bar in Copper: