Monday, September 8, 2008

Imogene Pass Run

Friday/Saturday, September 5/6:

I participated in the Imogene Pass Run this year. 17 miles from Ouray to Telluride via Imogene Pass. It was about 10 miles uphill and 7 down. Felt like doing The Incline about 10 times in a row. We camped just south of Ouray on Friday night. I had to split after burgers on Saturday evening.

Posing after the race:

What a lovely team:

Boone's Farm the night before:

Boys to the rescue...PBR anyone? These girls spent forever and a day getting off the mountain. Perhaps the impromptu game of 3-woman didn't help their times:


Sunday, September 7:

I co-captained my company team at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in the Garden of the Gods. This is the first year I participated in this event. Thousands of people showed up for this--car parking extended all the way to my company's parking lot on Garden of the Gods Rd. Although most people that participate in this event are not runners, it was fun to see so many people from every walk of life there to support breast cancer reasearch:

http://www.komencs.org/

No comments: