Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Friday, August 29:

The weekend began with a final going-away party for Jesus at Paul's house. He was leaving for Iraq the following morning with the Army. We made a Hawaiian theme out of the party--which then just got weirder as the night went on...


Saturday/Sunday, August 30/31:

I went camping with a group of my friends to a campsite near 11-Mile Lake (closer to Lake George actually). On Saturday we kayaked and biked in the afternoon, boozed the night away in front of the campfire, and participated in a bit of 3-man. Sunday we did some rock climbing in 11-Mile State Park.

Ty, Tungsten, and Matt Kayaking:

Olivia climbing (that little speck left of the tree growing on the rock is her):

Matt and Tungsten on the grill:

Couple of girl behinds:

Bocce ball tournament:


Monday, September 1:

Monday morning I ran the American Discovery Trail Half Marathon in America the Beautiful Park. I ran 1:34:34 (~7:09 per mile pace). That was my goal pace for this race--and I stuck with it--so I was happy with that. I finished 29th overall out of ~470 participants.


Later that day, Sarah put together a BBQ at Jeff's place. We all rode our bikes over there anticipating a bike pub crawl--but the masses ended up not making it back out after the chow. Some of us took off early to do a little bike pub crawling anyway later on.

Dani--just being Dani:


Outside of the liquor store (impromptu beer run):

1 comment: