Sunday, June 8, 2008

Garden of the Gods 10-Miler

Sunday, June 8: Today was my first Garden of the Gods 10-Miler race:

http://www.gardentenmile.com

Great turnout and great day for a race! I ran 1:13:04. I was pleased with this time. I only did this well because I was trying hard to beat Charlie (my lightweight runner buddy). I kept a few hundred feet behind him the entire race planning to pass him during the last half mile or so. Unfortunately I didn't have it in me to make the final push and he also stepped it up a knotch. I ended up finishing about 40 seconds or so behind him. I've either got to quit smoking or lose 25 pounds to beat him.

JT won 4th place in his age group with a time of 1:07:59. JT kicked butt in his training for this as well--attending quite a few of the early AM training runs. Good work dude!

Many, many, many other friends were at this race too! Fun seeing so many people at one event like that...

1 comment:

brownie said...

I noticed you were close to Charlie. You've been getting closer and closer to him. Maybe overtake him at the Summer Roundup?

I think increasing your smoking to an entire pack a day would help. That 3/4 pack stuff is for sissies.

By the way, I could have ran faster but I was saving myself to run your lame ass down tonight at the DIM.