Monday, June 23, 2008

Starlight Spectacular...

Last Saturday at midnight I participated in the 2008 Starlight Spectacular bike ride. Hundreds of people assembled at the Garden of the Gods visitor/nature center to ride their bikes either 13.4 or 20 miles. The route took us down Garden of the Gods Road and ultimately down Cascade in downtown CS. We worked back towards the garden and Manitou along Colorado Ave. The longer ride (which I did) took us through Garden of the Gods as well (IMHO: the best part of the bike ride--lots of hills!)

I participated with a team that consisted of Dani (Nappy), Allison (Cherry), Alyssa, Chris (Pork), Nikki, Lauren's cousin Ben, Ryan (Bungholio), Stacey, and Mike (PIMP).

Me and Ben after finishing the long route (while others opted for the shorter):

Without a doubt the most "fabulous" bike at the ride. I think these guys took home the award for best-dressed bike. This thing had computer-controlled lights all over it and nostalgic, easy-going music playing out the speakers on both sides of the bike. The riders sported lighted-earrings and other lighted apparel. These guys also did the entire route (the long route) and maintained a good 8 mph pace throughout--uphill or downhill. This picture really doesn't do the bike justice. I'm envious...maybe next year I'll deck out my ride!

1 comment:

Outdoorgirl said...

That was so much fun!!!